Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The countdown has begun

and the advent calendar is up. Despite having four quite grown up children (I use the term loosely), one of whom doesn't even live at home anymore, it seems they are never too old for this annual ritual... in fact even Stewart asked did he get a chocolate too!

The garland is also up on the front door, courtesy of my very clever Mum, who always makes one for me. I have to say I love all this preparation and countdown to Christmas... probably more than the actual day itself!

There has been a fair bit of sewing going on too but nothing I can share here yet as most of it has been for Christmas presents... all will be revealed in due course. But I have started some new knitting as Michaela's St Dunstan's blanket has arrived here... which is a bit daunting looking at the fabulous standard of the knitting so far. Nothing quite so fancy coming from these hands I fear!

Tonight we're off to a book launch in Cambridge... remember the wishing eel? Well here he is in the window of the Cambridge University Press bookshop in Trinity Street. Not the most inspiring window display but I was still excited to see my eel in the window! The book would make a fabulous little stocking filler for younger children (under about 8?) - lovely story and beautiful illustrations all for only £4.99.


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar