Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Mrs. Daffodil



Mrs. Daffodil, by Gladys Taber, was the perfect
comfort book to read this week while I've been
so worried about Milo.



The daffodils in bloom in our dooryard garden
lifted my spirits too.


Gladys Taber's readers are familiar with
the author's portrait on the jackets of her books
where she pulls a beloved cocker spaniel
to her Botticelli tummy for the camera lens
or folds a hand under a double chin,
as if in profound thought.


I do the same thing myself.
Last night before bed I asked R.H. to take 
a photo of our Milo and me.

He has continued not wanting to eat or drink
and I called the doctor because he was trembling.
He had us put honey under his lips and discontinue
the antibiotic that suppresses appetite.
We were able to get him to eat baby food meat sticks,
the only thing we've been able to get down him.

This morning we tried something our d-i-l advised,
cooking chicken livers and giving him that with the broth.

Success!

And he has perked back up!
If he doesn't continue getting better,
we will be back at the veterinarian Monday.

Thank you so much for all your prayers and support
this past week. 

And here's a closeup of Otis, his brother,
taken last fall. 
He's been so good this week while Milo's been sick.


Again, thank you so much for thinking of Milo.
I'll start catching up with everyone soon
but I hope you're all having a good weekend.



Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar