Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

another quick post..and some upgrades.

I still am on Jury duty, interesting case....all I can say.  Well some doings here at casa de Garabaldi

First off I performed an upgrade on my truck, Amazon had a sale on these things...
The price was $79 and it was wireless from the camera to the monitor.

   I did run a tap from the camera to the rear taillights and tapped into the reverse lights so the camera would come on when the reverse lights came on.   I do have to get some shielding for the connectors, apparently they are picking up interferance sometimes when I use the brakes.  or actually when my son uses the brakes because he is the one driving the truck right now.

I also ran the power wire behind the headliner to clean up the appearance.  It used the what I call a cigarette lighter plug so I fished that behind the dash.   Note the bracket behind the monitor.
I replaced my Sirius/XM Antenna, the old one was 14 years old and getting BBQed on the roof of the truck played heck with the electronics.  I ran the new one inside the truck and as long as the antenna has a clear view of the sky it will work.   I zip tied the excess slack inside the A piller behind the trim piece along with the excess from the power cord for the monitor.
 This is what the camera looks like on top of the license plate.

I also replaced the ventviser that flew off earlier this year.  I got a "in the channel" version so it should last longer.  

     



Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar